Carolina Beach, NC…Pleasure Island Youth Baseball opens 2020 Spring registration for ages 3* - 12.
Ages 3*-12 (Tee Ball, Machine Pitch & Kid Pitch registration is now open)
Keeping baseball FUN-especially in the early stages of youth baseball is a primary concern for the following divisions:
- Tee Ball : Ballplayers ages 3*-6 learn hitting and fielding fundamentals in a supportive team environment. Young athletes hit the ball from a batting tee which is height-adjusted for a level swing, batting in order through the line-up for the entire game. The primary goal is to begin to instruct young players in the fundamentals of baseball in a supportive and fun environment.
*Boys and Girls who turn 4-years old by August 31, 2020 are eligible to participate in Spring Tee Ball
- Machine Pitch : Designed primarily for ballplayers ages 7-8 (6 year olds are eligible), this division makes use of a pitching machine to allow for more hittable balls at the plate and more action in the field. Fear of actually being hit by a pitched ball is diminished. It makes the game safer and improves the playing confidence and ability of all participants. Click Play Video to watch a brief demo of the Louisville Slugger UPM 45 "Official Portable Pitching Machine" of several youth baseball leagues.
- Player Pitch : Recommended for ballplayers ages 9-12. Players build and refine their fundamental skills while beginning to understand game strategy and teamwork. Special rules are necessary for the development and welfare of this young age group. Under the Player Pitch Division, games consist of up to six innings. In order to encourage the league to train more pitchers, there are rules that set the maximum number of innings a pitcher may pitch in a calendar week.
Babe Ruth Baseball for Ages 13-15 (Registration Currently Closed - Check back in January 2018 for information regarding the Spring/Summer schedule)
Founded in 1951, Babe Ruth Baseball League was created for ballplayers ages 13-15 who wished to continue their baseball playing experience beyond the age of 12. This is where players get their baseball cleats muddy for the first time on standard 90' diamonds under Official Baseball Rules used by Major League Baseball. In this division, teams are eligible to enter tournament competition and move along the tournament trail, culminating in a World Series: www.baberuthleague.org
Benefits of Playing Pleasure Island Youth Baseball:
- Playing in a league sanctioned by Babe Ruth League, Inc.
- Playing in an affordable baseball league close to home with support from your friends, family and community
- Playing in a league where sportsmanship and the development of kids playing youth baseball is important